20.7.12

Make up forever!

I was never a huge fan when it comes to makeup...
In fact, my daily make up look only involves the super basic and essential items.
Like eyeliner, concealer, loose powder and blush.


(My old makeup pouch from my last 'makeup blog post', hahaha.)

That was all I used on a regular basis until I went for my graduation trip this year.
To Japan.

And everyone (who is a female la.. okay maybe some males too?!) has makeup on.
And their makeup is not those anyhow kind okay.
They really go all the way with their pretty peachy lip colours, super dramatic eyelashes, and the works.
It made me and my bestie felt sooooo ashamed whenever we were out in the streets.
Hahaha.

And also, because some of the makeup brands we have here in Singapore are so cheap in Japan,
(like half the price!)
we spent quite some moolahs on makeup!

Okay so anyway,
the point is, from that trip onwards, I truly fully understand how amazing makeup is.
So I started my foray into the world of makeup.
And added more items into my pathetic collection of eyeliner, concealer, loose power and blush.

I'm still no pro at it...
And on some days I still prefer to go out without anything on my face.
(LAZY)

But I love makeup! ♥
Hehehe.

 
Taadah.
The main point of this entry.
MY favourite makeup items!
I filtered through my (now huge) collection of makeup to pick out my favourites.

I think makeup is really subjective.
As subjective as skincare.
So please keep in mind, what works for me might not work as well for you!


From left to right, Laneige Lip Treatment SPF 17, Laneige Brightening Sun Powder SPF 50+/PA+++,
Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion.

I use these on a daily basis because they have SPF.
And I'm really particular about protecting my skin from UV rays nowadays,
hahaha.
To say that might be an understatement.
I immediately switch into furious sunscreen slapping mode whenever I have to step out into the sun.

I like Laneige products because they suit my skin quite well,
and most of the makeup range comes with SPF and whitening benefits too!


This is actually a really cool BB 'cream'.
It's actually a BB emulsion soaked sponge.
I love this because it has whitening effect and the coverage is really quite good.

It provides a medium coverage I would say.
And I bought the one in the lightest shade.


This lovely pink powder pact with a diamond patch in the middle is the Sun Powder!
If you don't know, sunscreen has to be reapplied every 90 minutes for it to achieve maximum effect.

But it's troublesome and impossible to do that with your makeup already nicely on.
Which is why I love this product so much.
:D
You can just spam.
Hahaha.

The white patch in the middle is Vitamin C, which also helps in whitening!

Okay, I'm so extreme.
Even my lip treatment has SPF.
Hahaha.
I love this because it has a slight orangey peach tone to it!
But not as obvious as lipstick.
I bought this in the Orange shade!
It comes in 3 shades if I remember correctly.



I alternate between the YSL Touche Eclat (which is a luminizing pen which can act as a highlighter and concealer depending on which shade you buy),
 and the Ettusais eye zone tinted colour essence for my under eye area.

I bought the Touche Eclat at the airport because there's no where (I THINK) in Singapore you can get this from..
And it's cheaper at the airport,
they had a $65 for 2 promotion when I bought it.

My shade is 3.5, which is a new shade!
:)

The Ettusais eye zone tinted colour essence was something I bought on a whim.
Just because the packaging looks nice!
;p
It's surprisingly good though!
Gives the same effect as when I used the YSL Touche Eclat.
Enough coverage but light enough to not form fine lines.


Jill Stuart Mix Blush Compact and Jill Stuart Blush Blossom.
I have them in 2 shades each!

These has got to be the prettiest of all my makeup!
I love Jill Stuart for its packaging (HAHA SUCKER).
So this time round when I went to Japan,
I stocked up on other items like foundation and loose powder as well.

But they weren't that amazing compared to the blushes.

I have tried MAC and Shu Uemura's blushes as well but Jill Stuart's beats them hands down.
I love the glowy look of JS blushes when applied on the face.
They usually last me for the entire day and I don't have to bring them out to touch up.
:)

The shades I have for the mix compact are Fresh Apricot and Lantana Honey,
and for Blush Blossom I have Charming Lily and Little Anemone!
The mix compact is easier to use,
the blush blossom can get really messy initially but gives off a nicer glow.

They are pretty pricey at SGD$80 or thereabout,
but I personally think they're pretty worth it!


Lantana Honey which is pinker than the Fresh Apricot.
This is a new colour which I got from my Japan trip!


This looks difficult to use,
but it gets better with practice!
:)


High Beam by Benefit is a really cool product which I bought recently.

It's a liquid highlight to bring out your cheekbones and make your features more defined!
Not something that I use on a regular basis,
but the effects are pretty awesome when used.
:)






Urban Decay Naked 2 eyeshadow palette!
:)

This has converted me from an eyeliner girl to an eyeshadow girl!
I got this from Sephora as a gift for my bestie's first job,
and decided to get one for myself to try as well.

This is a really good palette to start with if you have not used eyeshadow before.
The bright coloured hues might look tempting because they're so pretty,
but it's safer to stick to the neutral/brown shades for a start.

I like this palette because it has a nice balance of shimmer and muted shades.
And it lasts the entire day too, even when I don't put on primer.
Oh and the brush is really nice too!
Soft and fluffy.
:D




Coastal Scents Warm Palette, my second eyeshadow palette after Naked 2!
Got this instead of the super colourful palette because it's more wearable.
The colours are not as pigmented as Urban Decay,
but $30+ for 88 shades is still really value for money!

I use the muted brown shades for my eyebrows too.
Multi purpose, hehe.


Maybelline the Falsies mascara!
The only mascara I use because it's so awesome with lengthening AND volumnizing.
:D


MAC lippies!
I don't wear them everyday, just occasionally.
But I love the orangey peachy tones of these!

I'm not sure what shades they are because I got them from Japan...
And they don't have any product codes or whatsoever on them.
:X


And that's all for my favourite make up items until I discover new favourites!
Maybe I'll do a skincare post soon!
Heheh.


Ending off with pictures of a cafe which Thom and I explored last weekend!


The quote at the bottom reminds me of Mel.
Hahaha.








My root beer float and Thom's iced Mocha.
Root beer + ice cream = 







We weren't really hungry, so we only ordered side dishes.
I didn't like the fries because they tasted more baked than fried.
Not crispy at all!
:(

The wholegrain mustard buffalo wings were good though!
Me likey.




And my outfit of the day!
Both top and bottom upcoming on TTR.
Hehehe.

Stay tuned!